Book Review: The Amateurs- Follow Me by Sara Shepard

Follow Me
Author: Sara Shepard
Publisher: Hot Key Books
Release date: 27th September 2017
Pages: 275 pages
R.R.P: $16.99
                                        
I know you know what I did. 
And I know you want to find me.
I'm not done with you, either.

It's only been months since the Amateurs solved the mystery of who killed Aerin Kelly's sister aHelema- but they now have a new case. Social media star Chelsea Dawson has vanished from a party without a trace, and Seneca realises that the petite, blonde young woman is a dead ringer for Aerin's sister.

Will the Amateurs take up the invitation from none other than their prime suspect to go to the very place of Chelsea's disappearance? Do they have it in them to solve another crime and to avenge Helena's death?

A twisted path is opening up before Seneca and her friends- one crafted by a brilliant killer. The question is: will the Amateurs play his game?

My review
Thoughts on the book: Follow Me is the second book from Sara Shepard's The Amateurs series. Following on from book one the group have been off doing their own things not really keeping in touch or as close as they were when trying to solve who murdered Helena, Aerin's sister. But that all changes when ex member of the group and believed to be murderer, 'Brett' makes a post on their old stomping ground Case Not Closed about a girl who has been reported missing. The thing is the girl who has gone missing looks exactly like Helena and the group believe that 'Brett' has something to do with it. So The Amateurs regroup, minus one member, and travel to Lafayette, New Jersey to search for missing girl Chelsea and nail 'Brett' as the one who kidnapped her. But it seems that whenever they think they are one step ahead 'Brett' does something to undermine them and cause them to question what they the think they know. Will The Amateurs catch the kidnapper/killer this time or will he get away with it all once again?

I remember reading book 1 and absolutely loving it so naturally when I had the chance to receive a review copy I jumped at the chance. This was one of the books I took with me on my two weeks holiday and I started it in the second week. Unfortunately it took me a good week to read it (it's not a very long book and would normally be. Quick easy read) and I think it was because I wasn't really in the mood for a crime solving book. But I did enjoy the book (otherwise it wouldn't have gotten a 4 star rating). I loved being back with my favourite characters from book 1 (hurry up and get together Seneca and Maddox) and being on the hunt for the person who calls himself 'Brett'. I also have some little suspicions of who he can be but am never right at all which is the way it should be written in a book. Of course it wouldn't be a Sara Shepard story without a murder of some sorts and throw in a kidnapping or two, some breaking and entering and you are always on a winner. But the main thing I loved about this book was that ending. OMG does Sara Shepard know how to write a cliffhanger into a book!! As I said at the end of my review for book 1, Hurry up and publish the next book. I need to know what happens to everyone.

Rating: 4/5
       

Comments