Book Review: Vet Cadets book 1- Welcome to Willowvale by Rebecca Johnson

Vet Cadets book 1: Welcome to Willowvale
Author: Rebecca Johnson
Publisher: Puffin Books 
Pages: 173 pages
Release date: 1/05/2017
R.R.P: $14.99

Do you Love animals?
Do you like to learn new animal facts?
Do you enjoy solving mysteries?
Then you'll want to be a Vet Cadet!
Abbey, Hannah and Talika are new recruits at Willowvale boarding school's Vet Cadets program. They are excited to learn all about caring for farm animals and the work that country vets do. Riding horses, shearing sheep and treasure-hunting for parasites see all just part of their normal school day.

But when something starts attacking the school's sheep, the three vet cadets must use their scientific skills, animal knowledge and teamwork to try and catch the culprit before it's too late.

My Review
Thoughts on the book: I absolutely love quick books like this that I can enjoy with my daughter. We buddy read Welcome to Willowvale together and we absolutely loved it. Rebecca Johnson writes so many fantastic books and my daughter loves her Juliet Nearly a Vet books (as she wants to be a vet when she is older). We both learnt so much about all the little parasites that can be found around and thoroughly enjoyed the characters and all of the adventures that were happening at Willowvale. I always wanted to go to boarding school and one I looked at actually was based around farm life so I am vicariously living my dreams through the three main characters Hannah, Abbey and Talika.

We can't wait for the rest of the series to come out either.

My daughter's thoughts on the book (she is 8):
'I loved when the girls met each other's horses. My favourite horse was Pudding because it was greedy like me (with food). I thought the story was really exciting and I learnt heaps about insects which was interesting. I can't wait for us to read the rest of the books.'

Rating:

Comments

  1. I haven’t finished the whole book yet but in this book vet cadets willowvale is the plot or event in this horse riding is that one of the events.


    Please get back to me today soon as you can

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment