Book Review: New York Nights by C.J. Duggan

New York Nights
Author: C.J. Duggan 
Publisher: Hachette Australia
Release date: February 2017
Pages: 279 pages
R.R.P: $17.99
The streets of New York- where dreams are made and hearts are mended.

Sarah Williams is a spirited, independent Aussie who has always dreamed of New York City. So when a job opportunity arises to become an au pair for a successful businessman in the heart of Manhattan, Sarah jumps at the chance to follow her dreams.

What she didn't bet on was a beautiful newborn and a distant, abrasive man whose eyes hold a million anguished secrets. Determined to care for his daughter and face the challenges of the impossible Ben Worthington, Sarah was always prepared to follow her heart; she just wasn't prepared to lose it to a complicated man like Ben.

My review
Thoughts on the book: New York Nights is the second stand alone novel in the Heart of the City series by C.J. Duggan, the first novel being Paris Lights. In New York Nights we meet Sarah Williams, Ben Worthington and his adorable daughter Grace and it all takes place in the amazing, beautiful New York City. The opening paragraph:
Let's get one thing clear. Being an au pair is nothing like being in the Sound of Music. To start with, I'm certainly not a nun... there's no Handsome Captain von Trapp and three defiantly no cheoreographed frolicking.) 
Let's us all know that this story is going to be hilarious and full of laughs and it certainly didn't disappoint. The amount of times my husband and kids looked at me because I was laughing out loud at something that was happening at the book is too many to count. Sarah just seems to find herself in hilarious situations all the time although I think a lot of people can relate to her. I know I could a little when I was reading about those first couple of days and weeks with baby Grace, as I expect most new mums can. There is a plot twist that will really through you and appreciate and fall deeply in love with Ben once you learn about it too. 

The funny thing was while reading New York Nights all I could think about when reading about Sarah was that my sister was an Au pair overseas and has been a nanny here in Australia so when I imagined Sarah I thought of my sister. It made it slightly hilarious when there were the very awkward hilarious bits but also cringeworthy when the sexy time seems came. So whatever you do don't relate the characters with someone you know in situations like this, especially romance books.

New York Nights was a solid book that sits well with Paris Lights and I can't wait to read book 3 London Bound.





Rating: 4/5

Comments