Book Review: The Four Legendary Kingdoms by Matthew Reilly

The Four Legendary Kingdoms
Author: Matthew Reilly
Publisher: Pan MacMillan Australia
Published: October 2016
R.R.P: $42.99 hardcover
A ruthless kidnapping
Jack West Jr and his family are living happily on their remote farm...

...when Jack is brutally kidnapped and he awakes in an underground cell to find a masked attacker with a Kimye charging at him.

The great games
Jack, it seems, has been chosen- along with a dozen other elite soldiers- to complete in a series of deadly challenges designed to fulfil an ancient ritual.

With the fate of the Earth at stake, he will have to traverse diabolical mazes, fight cruel assassins and face unimaginable horrors that will test him like he has never been tested before.

To Hell and back
In the process, he will discover the mysterious and powerful group of individuals behind it all: the four legendary kingdoms.

He might a,so discover that he is not the only hero in this place...

My review
I squealed with delight when I opened one of my emails from Pan MacMillian that gave me the opportunity to review The Four Legendary Kingdoms. I just love Matthew Reilly's Jack West Jr series. My youngest sister actually got me hooked on the books way back in 2009. This was right before The Five Greatest Warriors came out, when I was pregnant with my daughter and was bed bound for the last four months, so it's been a long time between books and I had forgotten what had happened previously, as I've read so many books since. So I did a quick flip through of the previous books and got all caught up and patiently waited for my copy to arrive. The excitement I displayed when I recieved it made my husband laugh and upon telling my sister that I had it, made her very jealous. I sneakily took some snap chats while reading to tease her of what was happening, as I had recieved it before it came out.

Of course Matthew Reilly did not let us down and The Four Legendary Kingdoms was brilliant and the best book in the series so far because of one character, a new character to me... Shane Schofield, call sign: Scarecrow. I must admit I have never read the Scarecrow series by Matthew Reilly. I have them sitting in my bookshelf to read but I have just never gotten around to them, which means that I have never really met Scarecrow before. But I certainly know him now and can't wait to devour the books in his serious. As with all of the other books in the series, The Four Legendary Kingdoms has so much action packed adventure and shocks, twists and turns throughout. There were so many moments throughout where I was yelling at the book and cursing the author saying that no you can't do that to that character or it can't end like that. Of course I never wanted it to end but unfortunately it did and I can't wait for more books in the series.

Rating:5/5


Comments