Book Review: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The OriginalScreenplay by J.K. Rowling

Fantastic Beaste and Where To Find Them: The Orginal Screenplay
Author: J.K. Rowling
Publisher: Hachette Australia
Pages: 283 pages
R.R.P: $39.99


When Magizoologist Newt Scamander arrives in New York, he intends his stay to be just a brief stopover. However, when his magical case is misplaced and some of Newt's fantastic beasts escape, it spells trouble for everyone...

Inspired by the original Hogwarts textbook by Newt Scamander, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them marks the screenwriting debut of J.K. Rowling, author of the beloved and internationally bestselling Harry Potter books. A feat of imagination and featuring a cast of remarkable characters and magical creatures, this is a epic adventure-packed storytelling at its very best. Whether an exisiting fan or new to the wizarding world, this screenplay is the perfect addition for any film lover or reader's bookshelf.

My review 
Thoughts on the book: I haven't seen the movie yet so when I recieved Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them for review I was estates to read it. Being written by the world famous J.K. Rowling and being part of the Harry Potter world moved this book to the top of my TBR. Upon reading it and completing it I was left a little disappointed. I can't quite put my finger on why though. Like Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is written just as a screenplay would be. However with Harry Potter and the Cursed Child I knew the main characters previously so I could envision what was happening but with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them I hadn't met the characters or creatures before so it was a little hard to envision them without a really accurate discription, which being written as a screenplay didn't really need. This could have been why I didn't like it as much. I think once I see the movie though it may make more sense to me.

Rating: 3/5

Comments